Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I Wanna Sweep the Streets!!!!



Anything but what I'm doing now! *

Work has finally ground me down. It's a wonder it hasn't happened sooner, I must have a bigger masochistic streak than I thought. The idea of having to alternate between long, grinding, endless days of tedious mouse clicking and being up to my ears in paperwork that's been barely explained to me by the worlds most unapproachable man has finally taken it's toll on me. It's either the job or me........

The CV is being dusted down as I speak, references shall be sought and I fully expect to be in a similarly infuriating and soul crushing job in two months time. It's just that from here even the most threadbare and yellowing of lawns looks more appealing.

I admit to being an ill-educated peasant with serious issues regarding self application. I will tell you I don't have limited horizons but others may inform you otherwise. I'll break the cycle eventually, probably when I'm least expecting to, but until then the merry-go-round of crap office jobs looks like continuing......



*I hear they get paid as well as I do, if not better.....

4 comments:

SzélsőFa said...

I've checked Jabberwocky in Wikipedia and I've found that it is made of non-existent words. It really surprised me as I felt the poem without actually knowing its components. Well, I might be as well misleaded by my mis-interpreting some of the words, but still I liked and captured it.
You know, Lewis Carrol is not really known/taught over here, except for his Alice, which I have read in Hungarian.

Anonymous said...

Screw work. Let's run away and be pirates.

Billy said...

I'd join the circus, but I'd be rubbish at that.

Anonymous said...

Szelso Fa - Funny, that's how Alice reacted to it when she firts heard it..... I think that's the effect it's meant to have on you. ;)

Lism - Couldn't agree more. I think you've just coined my new motto. It'll be up somewhere on the blog soon. Cheers!

Billy - Sod the circus, come and be a pirate with me and lism.....

Arrrr!