Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I Was Here All The Time You Know......



After spending the last week or so slowly disappearing up my own arse, I've decided to return and blog properly. The short story thing is ok once in a while, but I'm sure most of you are fairly non-plussed by them. I smell a new blog in the offing.......

To be honest, I sometimes find it easier to write something fictional(or at least semi-fictional) than to sit and let you all know what I've been up to, or what's rumbling around my head, or whatever it is that very good bloggers do to entertain their readers. It's time I stopped being so bloody evasive and engaged with the world.

Ok, first up, some blogging news. Clairwil is still obsessed with Councillor Terry Kelly and I have to say, I am too. I think you'll agree, he has a unique and alarmingly peculiar style of debate. We could all learn so much from him.

Flying Rodent is in fine form at the moment, what with this post and this post putting me in what the youngsters call a 'ROTFLMAO' situation. I believe it's popular amongst the under fives.....

Sandra, who used to be Over Here is going back 'Over There'. There is speculation about what what she'll call the blog now that she's back in Northern Ireland but hopefully she'll take no notice of my suggestion that she rename it 'Dr Danger & The Ketchup Incident'.......



Sunday saw me slope into Fopp to do some CD comfort buying. Two compilation albums were bought. One being a sort of round up of Glasgow bands old, new and obscure. It's ok, but I haven't the heart nor the patience top listen all the way through. The other comp cd got even shorter shrift. It's a collection of what the packaging rather enigmatically dubs "Soft Pop". basically it's sugary sweet sixties AM radio 45's released by Warner Bros. Fine in theory, I like that sort of thing in small doses, but to be honest a lot of it's utter dreck. Track one, 'Come To The Sunshine' by Harpers Bizarre (written by Smile co-writer Van Dyke Parks) was as far as I got. The next three tracks almost had me sick on the carpet.

Also bought a Buffalo Springfield album. Love Neil Young, not so sure about Steven Stills. Sorry.

Scott 4 was also picked up for a fiver. That whole baroque pop thing can be a little hard to take when it's done really seriously but I think it'll fall into that "when I'm in the mood" category. failing that it'll get played twice and never again, I'm fickle like that.....

The last purchase was Marquee Moon by Television. I will make no excuses for my utter love and devotion to this album. If I had to listen to only one Rock'n'Roll record for the rest of my life, this would be it. I have it already on CD, but for once the bonus tracks swayed me and the chance of hearing Little Johnny Jewel outweighed the inevitable disappointment of the "Alternate Takes" also available. Alternate take? Oh, you mean the shit version they did just before they got the song right? Well worth the cd space if you asks me......
Right, I'm off to do the dishes....

2 comments:

David Todd said...

'Dr Danger & The Ketchup Incident' that might be a bit saucy :-)

iLL Man said...

Very nicely done Cybez...;)