Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Checking On My Flock


Just a quick post tonight. My life looks like it might just be settling down into something approaching a routine and the last step is to get hooked up to broadband after the 'Virgin Saga'. Then you'll be seeing a lot more of my ugly mush.

Condolences to the Scottish National Team who fell heroically at the final hurdle. A couple of defensive lapses, a few missed opportunities and a linesman with a lovely new Ferrari in his garage this morning......... I missed the game due to the fact that the world and it's fucking wife wanted to see it and just about every pub in the city centre was rammed. If I'd gone into town early on I'd have found a pub, but somehow the idea didn't appeal to me. I went to Lochburn Park and took some photos of the Clydebank v Maryhill game instead. After that, I hung about at the folks place, then went home, made my tea and washed the dishes. Ach well, if it worked for Denis Law..................


Looks like we will be playing England next year after all. 2-0 down to Croatia at half time. Wonder who they've got lined up to replace McLaren? Mike Bassett?

3 comments:

The Birdwatcher said...

The CEO of the Inland Revenue might be a good choice.

Oblong said...

Hopefully England wont be stupid enough to play Scotland anytime in the near future because unless there would be quite a drastic change of form of either team even Uri Geller couldn't save us!

iLL Man said...

BW - Do the Inland Revenue have anything as grand as a 'CEO'? I get the impression it's the tea boy who runs the place.

Matt - Oh, don't be so sure. McLeish might well be off to Birmingham by the end of the year. Then what?