Monday, March 03, 2008

It's The Taking Part That..........................yeah, I know.........


The results are in over at the Clarity Of Night short fiction competition, but my little effort didn't get a sniff of the prizes. Aw! It was ok for a short order effort I suppose, but I'll need to do a lot more with my next entry. I did get some good feedback on it, and the story will be posted up at mine and Clairwil's short story blog 'Fiction Depot'. There were some very good entries, some of which got a mention in the final listings, some of which didn't. One of my favourites came fifth and the other won the readers poll, so that's always something. Well done Sarah Hina!

3 comments:

SzélsőFa said...

The one that actually won was one of my favourites. I also liked two of those who won some (any) prize, but some of my favourites were not listed.

iLL Man said...

I didn't get the winning entry at first. I think I lack the reference points for some reason. Having now read the comments, I think I understand it now. It's funny, I saw a tree and thought of death, others thought of life. It's a bit of an ink blot test in many ways.

SzélsőFa said...

Your reference to the inkblot test is right on!

There were many entries I did not get at first reading, and then there were some more I did not get at second/third reading as well. :)))