Saturday, October 25, 2008

Falling Back

Good old horizontal rain, eh? Winter's here and not a moment too soon........... A perfect afternoon for sitting in with endless cuppas, watching the scores come in (St Johnstone 3 Thistle 0), fiddling about on the guitar (Trying to work out a wee tune to this) and catching the end of a Rog Moore Bond film (The greatest Bond of them all. Fuck you if you disagree!!)
So, get that central heating advanced, buy in some hot chocolate and a shed-load of coffee and tea, and close the curtains, for pissing rain and darkness will be your lot until April at the very least.............
Winter Warmer No1- Television: Little Johnny Jewel

4 comments:

Cocktails said...

Television do sound very warm. Is this off the re-mastered CD of Marquee Moon? It's not on my old cheapie copy...

iLL Man said...

Yeah. At least I think it is. Yr as well with the 'cheapie' copy to be honest. The bonus tracks, apart from LJJ aren't up to much. It does come in a nice gatefold carboard sleeve, theres a booklet with liner notes and photos, and there's a lyric sheet, but unless you see it going for a fiver (like I did), then I'd just leave it alone...........

Rob7534 said...

I LOVE that poem that little girl wrote, and look forward to listening to your version!

During the winter months I prefer a thick blanket, a sweet beverage, and a horror movie on the TV with the lights off!

iLL Man said...

Hi Rob! It's a brilliant little thing, isn't it?

I had something worked out for it, but I'm not sure I remember it now.........

Winter, the perfect excuse to stay in and do fuck all! ;)