Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Hello, My Name Is Barack Obama...........

...............I am the inheritor of Dubya's kingdom of doom, and all I can say is..........
I'm FUCKED!!
Aha!, no, just kidding.....
Anyway, when I heard that The iLL Man had the great Mike Love of the Beach Boys guest blogging for him, I took the liberty of asking to grace his blog on the day I got elected, if I indeed that was what transpired. He wasn't sure at first, claiming he had Jeremy Clarkson, Joe Pasquali and the bass player from Level 42 lined up as possibilities for that particular week. Being at the back of that particular queue of celebs, I felt for sure I'd miss out, but he eventually relented and told me that I "had better fucking win" or he'd set Cliff Richard on me. A terrifying prospect. I'm already sick to my stomach at the thought that Fleetwood Mac might re-form again to play at my inauguration.
So here I am, and it feels great to be elected. One thing I need to say to everyone. Can you all come down from the rafters soon? Please? It's fucking scary. Every man, woman, child and family pet, the world over, seems to be treating me like the 2nd coming.
Maybe this is why I'm FUCKED!
How many of you will hate my guts in four years time?
Ah, I don't care. I'm the first US President to post on the iLL Man's blog. Beat that Bush! This weeks celebrity endorsement comes via the 44th President of The United States of America, Barack Obama.

4 comments:

Cocktails said...

Oh boy, Ill Man, you're pulling out all stops here!

All this hope and talk of change seems strangely familar though. I just hope Barack Obama has studied the 'career' of one Tony Blair...

Anonymous said...

Blair didn't really need to change anything. Labour came to power in the middle of an economic upswing and got their snouts in the trough asap. Obama may have to change things whether he, the American people, or the rest of the world like it or not.

Plus, he's not even close to the egregious, unctious prick Tony Blair was (and still is)

Clairwil said...

Hmmm. Dissing Fleetwood Mac I knew you wre a wrong un!

Anonymous said...

Cocktails - Ah, Tony Blair. He had the potential, but he couldn't be sincere if he tried. He has my vanity, but always looked a bit too dishevilled to carry it off properly. He always seemed to me to be like Nixon on prozac.

Ghost of Adlai Stevenson - I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about.


Clairwil - I actually like Fleetwood Mac, it was all said in jest. I think they all have better things to do anyway.

Napalm Death and The Fall are booked for the Inauguration. It should be a grand night!